Thursday, June 9, 2011

Big Life Changes

My dear, sweet blog has been a little neglected lately. Things have been crazy around here, and now I can tell you why!

I have loved to write since I was a little kid--I remember the first story I ever wrote, in second grade, about my dog Goldie. I continued to write through high school, and was my college newspaper editor. After graduating, I wrote on a freelance basis, while waiting tables and looking for a "real job."

I landed the "real job" shortly thereafter, and have worked my way up throughout the last five years. I started as an online editor and now I manage international marketing.

Over the past year or so, I've had a nagging feeling that I wanted to do more creative work, and work with clients directly again. So, I started picking up clients (old and new), and now am confident in the amount of work that I have lined up that I am going full time!

I've been so busy lately holding down the 9-to-5er, while still working with freelance clients on the side. I finally gave my notice at work last Friday, and I am now on my way to realizing my goal of working completely for myself.

I'm up for the challenge, and I'll document how everything is going here on the blog! It's definitely on topic, since it's a big step to give up the comfort of a steady paycheck.

Let the adventure begin! (oh, and check out my website)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...